Saturday, August 17, 2013

Willy the Kid Badges


As I mentioned in yesterday's post today I have another interesting item from one of the greats. This one comes from Leo Baxendale and was produced in the 1970's to go with his Willy the Kid books. I am of course, talking about the Willy the Kid badges, and I'm sure a few of you will have seen them at some point, or maybe you're lucky enough to own them!


As far as I'm aware there were three badges, one for each of the Willy the Kid books and were given out to kids who sent in the tokens (found inside the books) to apply for them.


There was one more Willy the Kid book produced about 10 years ago, but didn't feature any new material. Instead it was reproductions of artwork printed in A3 format so it was close to its original size, and cost over £100. As you can probably guess, no badge was produced for that.

No comments: