Friday, July 12, 2013

The Mystery Of Pulp Detective


Pulp Detective was great. It came out in September last year and was avaliable all over the U.K. and fortunately I was in England at the time so was lucky enough to grab a copy. It was created by Richard Kavanagh and the whole project took two years to create and launch! It was great, and I thoroughly enjoyed the first issue and was much looking forwards to reading the second issue.

Sadly though, not enough people bought the first issue and much to my disappointment it was forced to go digital.  As a result the second issue, which was due to go on sale last November, was postponed until this year.

Now we're into the 7th month of the year and there's still no news. I tried contacting Richard on facebook, email and twitter throughout the year, but no reply.

Judging by the way things are I don't think we'll see the return of Pulp Detective. I'm very disappointed as I really enjoyed the comic and was looking forwards to seeing what happened. It's a real shame as Richard much have put a lot of time and effort into the project, and his efforts really should have been applauded.

Maybe he'll return with something new some day, or we'll actually finally get that seemingly long-lost second issue. Let's hope so anyway...

No comments: