Saturday, March 16, 2013

1963 Buster Book Of Thrills


In 1962 (although the book is known as the 1963 book) Buster produced a special release book - The Buster Book Of Thrills. For 5/6 you got 96 pages, and if you are a fan of action or adventure stories this is definitely a book you should hunt down! Only one of these was ever published, and it's contents included various adventure strips, presumably reprinted from Buster or the Buster Adventure Library.

An explosive title page!

The content is simply a collection of long stories, the first of which is Tiger Patrol. It's a 15 adventure at sea, so grab a cup of tea, get comfy and don't rush it!
















I like planes, and there are quite a few plane stories throughout the book. However, I don't want this post to go on for too long, so here is a short one, called Challenge To Combat. It looks as though the panels have been reworked in order to fit onto a larger page, although I can't be sure.



Finally, I'll show another story that looks as though it's been edited to fit onto bigger pages as well, Rick Random and the Terror From Space! This is the longest story I'll be showing - a good 16 pages of thrilling space adventure!

















And, just before the cover, there's an advert to remind us to buy Buster every Monday!


2 comments:

Togher Historical Association said...

I covered the Rick Random strip from the Buster Book of Thrills last summer. I also included some additional information if you want to check it out.

http://theyellowedpages.blogspot.ie/2012/06/rick-random-terror-fom-space-buster.html

regards,

The Cap.

George Shiers said...

I actually came across that when I was researching the book - I must have missed it when you posted it originally! :)